The Cyber-Savvy Parenting Program
A Community for Cybersafety Education
Welcome to Parenting in the Digital Age
You know how your child is obsessed with their mobile phone?
But do you know what they do on their phone, and more importantly – who they are talking to?
Well, what our Cyber-Savvy Parenting Program will do is help busy parents cut through the noise and learn exactly what they need to know about digital devices, Internet use and social media so they can safely navigate their child through the treacherous digital world. Keeping up-to-date with this stuff doesn’t have to be challenging or overwhelming! With our support and guidance, you can become as tech-savvy as your tweens. The program includes:
The program includes:
- 6 Online Learning Modules: over 3 hours of content! Topics covered – digital devices, viewing online content, gaming & social networking, cyberbullies, online stranger danger and digital footprint. Learning modules include video lessons, learning activities and quizzes
- Consultation Time: book your own consultation session with cybersafety educator and program founder, Kim Maslin to discuss individual cybersafety strategies for your family
- Q&A Forum: have all your questions answered quickly and directly
- Facebook Parent Community Group: access to a private online community where you can communicate with other parents who are going through the same challenges you are, as well as keep up-to-date on new issues and trends as they emerge
- Skills Hub: access to our regularly updated video and text tutorials designed to help you improve your own digital technology skills
- Parent Guides: download our extensive range of parent guides that summarise the features and risks of common social media sites, apps and games
- Parent Meet-ups/Workshops: all members will receive invitations to parent meet-ups and cybersafety workshops, held in Perth, Western Australia
- 24/7 access to the Online Learning Portal: learn in your own home, at your own pace
Should you join the Cyber-Savvy Parenting Program?
Complete the checklist to find out
Before finding out more about the Cyber-Savvy Parenting Program, we encourage all parents to first complete our ‘Cyber-Savvy Parenting’ Checklist. This checklist has been carefully designed to analyse how well you are currently addressing cybersafety risks in your household. This will help you better determine whether the Cyber-Savvy Parenting Program is something you will benefit from. Upon completing the checklist, you will be sent further information about the program.
Ready to join the program? Click Here.